Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vanna's Choice Contest Info and Submissions

Vanna's Choice Yarn (which I have recently discovered and highly recommend) is sponsoring a contest running now through February 2nd. The contest is very open ended and with minimal guidelines, it's the perfect project for me to focus on during Christmas Break when I have plenty of time to do nothing but crochet. Here is the general overview of the competition: (You can read the full description and find all the details on Vanna's website http://www.vannaschoice.com/)

1. You can create any project (knit, crochet, other) in one of four categories: afghan, baby, craft, or fashion

2. Project must be made using either Vanna's Choice or Vanna's Choice Baby Yarn

3. Project can be made from an existing pattern or you can create an item based on an original design

4. You submit your project by filling out an online form and submitting pictures of your project electronically. (You can print and mail pictures and a form if you want to, but it's much easier and even nicer for the planet it you go paperless.)

5. Here's what really got me really interested in this competition: You can submit as many items as you want; there's no limit!

Prizes range from $1,000 grand prize and a trip to see Vanna on Wheel of Fortune in LA to cash and giftcards to Michael's.

Given all that, this contest is very intriguing and I plan on submitting a few crocheted items on the offhand chance I might win. I'm planning on submitting designs based on my
JJCrochet Original Patterns as well as already existing patterns (like those I found at fellow crocheter, Marta's, blog - Creative Yarn . The general patterns for these three items below can be found on her blog and all credit for my inspiration goes to her and her great Italian style Creative Yarn Patterns ).

JoAnn Fabric had Vanna's yarn on sale this week and I (Christmas giftcards in hand!) purchased a beautiful array of Vanna's choice yarns and started crocheting items to submit. One thing I like about Vanna's Choice yarn is the colors. They're normal, every day colors that regular people can get away with wearing. When Vanna launched her yarn line, I finally found the decent quality and highly affordable acrylic yarn that both pleasing to the eye as well as the skin.

Although I might be tipping my hand here to all the prize-hungry crocheters prowling the internet, here are a few things I've created so far. (Thanks to my sister for her enthusiastic modeling skills.)




1 comment: