Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crochet Earflap Hat Pattern, Crochet Beanie Hat Pattern


Crochet earflap hat patterns, crochet hat patterns, and crochet beanie hat patterns are hard to find. Believe me, I've been there. I used to search and search through books, online websites, and pattern collections looking for a hat that I wanted to crochet. I would find outdated sites with wierd hat that normal people never worn. How difficult was it to find a normal, basic crochet hat pattern? It was frustrating - I knew what I wanted, but could never seem to find the perfect design. One day, after my websearches proved to be unsuccessful, I had a though. I've been crocheting for 11 years - I don't need a pattern. I should just design my own hat!
And so I did.

Over Christmas break last year, I finally wrote down a pattern for my very first hat - a crocheted newsboy hat. Normally, all the hats I crochet for my business, JJCrochet, are freeform and I never take the time to actually write down what I'm doing. I tested it a few times myself and had other crocheters test it before putting it on my Etsy store.

It's been a little over a year since I wrote it down and as of January 14th, I have sold 227 patterns of my Most Versatile Crocheted Newsboy Hat on Etsy. Apparently the people seem to like it. :)
So if you've been in the same situation as I have been - looking, searching, browsing and crying about the lack of good crochet patterns, stop your search. This hat is the end-all of hat patterns. (Notice the "Versatile" part in the name...) I like to be able to make multiple hats or different variations from the same pattern when I'm crocheting so I include instruction on how to make different options from the same pattern. You can make this with or without a brim, with or without a flower, or you can just make a plain, basic beanie - it's up to you! The pattern includes sizes to make hats for men, women, and it even includes sizes for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment